Kristin L. Norfleet
250 South Clinton Street
Syracuse, New York 13202
(315) 474-2911 (phone)
(315) 474-6015 (fax)
- Case Western Reserve University, J.D., 1999; Associate Editor, Health Matrix, Journal of Law - Medicine
- Case Western Reserve University, M.A., Biomedical Ethics, 1999
- University of Rochester, B.A., Political Science, 1996
Admitted to Practice
- Admitted to practice before all Courts of the State of New York and the United States District Courts for the Northern and Western Districts of New York.
- New York State Bar Association
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- Oswego County Bar Association
- President, House Corporation Board of Gamma Phi Beta Sorority at Syracuse University
Kristin joined Smith Sovik in October 2000 after working as a legal and ethics consultant for the Oswego County Health Department and was elected to partnership in 2009.
Kristin's practice focuses in many areas of litigation including trucking and motor vehicle accidents, premises liability, Labor Law, professional/medical malpractice, No-Fault claims and Workers’ Compensation defense. Kristin spends the majority of her time defending trucking companies like McLane Northeast and retail/restaurant establishments like Carrols Corporation as well as individuals involved in motor vehicle accidents.
Kristin is a trial lawyer and appellate advocate. Since joining Smith Sovik over 12 years ago, she has successfully tried cases in the areas of premises liability, Labor Law and motor vehicle accidents.
Kristin has received an AV Preeminent rating from her peers through Martindale-Hubbell and recently received the "Forty Under 40" Award from Oswego County Business Magazine. Kristin was also recently honored with her inclusion in Super Lawyers Magazine Upstate New York Edition September 2013.Back to Attorney List