Anthony R. Brighton
250 South Clinton Street
Syracuse, New York 13202
- University of Iowa School of Law, J.D., 1996, Special Honors/With Highest Distinction
- University of Iowa, B.A., 1992
Admitted to Practice
- Admitted to practice before all Courts of the State of New York and the U.S. District Court for Northern District of New York, District of Massachusetts, Northen District of Ohio and the First Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals. Mr. Brighton has also been admitted to practice in the States of Iowa, Ohio and Massachusetts.
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
Anthony R. Brighton is a seasoned attorney with extensive experience in civil motion practice and appellate advocacy. Anthony's experience includes working as an associate for many years with Martin, Magnuson, McCarthy & Kenney in Boston, Massachusetts, where he concentrated on civil motion and appellate practice. Anthony also served as a judicial law clerk to Justice Anne L. Kilbane of the Court of Appeals of Ohio, Eighth Appellate District in Cleveland, Ohio from February 2000 through September 2004. As Justice Kilbane's judicial law clerk, Anthony reviewed appellate submissions, conducted research, and assisted the judge in drafting appellate opinions. Before becoming a law clerk, he worked for two years as an associate attorney with the former law firm of Levin, Marmaros & Charms Co., L.P.A., Cleveland, Ohio, whose practice focused on medical malpractice and tort litigation. Upon graduation from law school in 1996, Anthony joined the Mears Law Office in Iowa City, Iowa, where he performed a host of functions in both civil and criminal matters.
Anthony joined Smith Sovik in August 2011 and focuses on civil motion practice and appellate advocacy.