Gregory D. Eriksen
250 South Clinton Street
Syracuse, New York 13202
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D. magna cum laude 2010, Business Editor - Syracuse Law Review
- Middlebury College, B.A. cum laude Political Science, 2005
Admitted to Practice
- Admitted to practice before all Courts of the State of New York and the U.S. District Court for the Northern and Western Districts of New York
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
Gregg Eriksen joined Smith Sovik in September 2011 after completing a one-year clerkship with Hon. Frederick J. Scullin, US District Court NDNY. While clerking for Justice Scullin, Gregg conducted research, prepared case outlines, made recommendations and assisted in the drafting of decision and orders.
Gregg is a 2010 magna cum laude graduate of Syracuse University School of Law where he was an Associate Member of the Moot Court Honor Society and semifinalist in the Mackenzie Hughes Appellate Competition in 2009. He was also the Business Editor of the Syracuse Law Review and published Breaking Wind, Fixing Wind: Facilitating Wind Energy Development in New York State (60 Syracuse L. Rev. 189). His note received a 2010 Burton Award for Legal Achievement and was one of only fifteen law review notes in the United States to be so honored. In addition, Gregg was a member of the Order of the Coif, Justinian Society and the National Order of Scribes.
At Smith Sovik, Gregg's practice will focus on the defense of personal injury, negligence, Labor Law, motor vehicle, premises liability, products liability, construction, professional and medical malpractice and Workers' Compensation claims.Back to Attorney List