John D. Goldman
250 South Clinton Street
Syracuse, New York 13202
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D., Cum Laude, 2011; MacKenzie-Hughes Appellate Competition Semi-Finalist; Lionel O. Grossman Trial Competition Finalist; Winner of Inaugural Frank H. Armani Award for Excellence in Advocacy; Executive Editor of Syracuse Law Review; Moot Court Honor Society; and Justinian Honor Society
- Marist College, B.A. 2008, Political Science
Admitted to Practice
- Admitted to practice before all Courts of the State of New York and the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- New York State Bar Association
- Onondaga County Bar Association
John joined Smith Sovik in September 2011 as a first-year associate. While attending Law School at Syracuse University, John was a semi-finalist in the MacKenzie-Hughes Appellate Competition, a finalist in the Lionel O. Grossman Trial Competition, winner of the Inaugural Frank H. Armani Award for Excellence in Advocacy, Executive Editor of the Syracuse Law Review and a member of the Moot Court Honor Society. John also had the opportunity to work as an Extern for Hon John C. Cherundolo, A.S.C.J.
At Smith Sovik, John's practice focuses on the defense of personal injury claims including premises liability, motor vehicle accidents, construction and Labor Law, negligence, product liability, medical and professional malpractice and Workers' Compensation.
John was honored by his peers by being included in the Upstate Edition of Superlawyers as a Rising Star in 2014.
Back to Attorney List