Michael Paul Ringwood
250 South Clinton Street
Syracuse, New York 13202
(315) 474-2911 (phone)
(315) 474-6015 (fax)
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D., Order of the Barristers, 1979
- Marquette University, B.A., (Political Science, History), National Political Science Honor Society, 1975
Admitted to Practice
- Admitted to practice before all Courts of the State of New York, the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Western and Eastern Districts of New York and the Second Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- Onondaga County Bar Association Judiciary Committee
- New York State Bar Association (Health Care Law Section)
- American College of Legal Medicine
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Best Lawyers In America
Michael had his first jury trial to verdict two weeks after being sworn in to practice law. This began a four-year career as a prosecutor in the Onondaga County District Attorney’s Office Felony Trial Unit. During that time, he tried over 40 jury trials to verdict. Since then, Michael has practiced law exclusively with the firm, concentrating in the fields of medical malpractice (including appearances before state licensing and disciplinary boards), professional malpractice (including attorneys, engineers and architects), products liability, employment litigation, municipal defense and trucking industry litigation. Mike has also defended a number of nursing home facilities and fraternities and sororities in tort claims brought against them. His pro bono work has been assisting local parents finalize their international adoptions and he has also worked with Vera House (home for abused women).
Michael lectures frequently on litigation related matters for the New York State and Onondaga County Bar Associations and has been published on the topic of "Summation" by the State Bar Association and the New York State Bar Journal.
Michael is "A" rated by Martindale-Hubbell, a member of the Transportation Lawyers Association and has been listed in "The Best Lawyers in America" continuously since 2004. In March 2008, Michael was elected to membership in the American College of Legal Medicine. He has consistently been listed in New York State Super Lawyers for professional malpractice defense and in 2010 was listed as one of the Top 50 Upstate New York lawyers for professional malpractice defense by New York State Super Lawyers.