Eric G. Johnson
250 South Clinton Street
Syracuse, New York 13202
(315) 474-2911 (phone)
(315) 474-6015 (fax)
- Marshall-Wythe School of Law of the College of William and Mary, Juris Doctor, 1986
- Colgate University, Cum Laude, B.A., 1983
Admitted to Practice
- Admitted to practice before all Courts of the State of New York and the U.S. District Court for the Northern and Western Districts of New York.
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
Eric’s practice is primarily concentrated in medical/ professional malpractice defense He regularly represents physicians, dentists, nurses, hospitals and attorneys, both in Court and in State licensing/disciplinary proceedings. Eric is continually named in New York Super Lawyers for Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury Defense and was named in The Best Lawyers for Professional Malpractice Defense. Eric also has been honored by his peers with an AV Preeminent rating through Martindale.
Eric's practice also includes products liability defense, municipality defense, and the defense of construction and motor vehicle negligence claims. He also represents insurance carriers in disclaimer and coverage issue cases. Before joining Smith Sovik, Eric gained extensive litigation experience as a partner in the Litigation Department of a large general practice firm in Syracuse.Back to Attorney List